Wednesday, August 17, 2011

In the month of July...

We did lots of things.

We started the month off with some eegees, sparklers (which the kids loved) and a fireworks show.

After waking up one morning and finding just one more reason why I don't want a pet in the house, we sadly gave our sweet puppy (who just two months prior we were thrilled about finding) to a good home with a dog friend. He is doing really well and we have visitation, which we plan on using about once a month.

We went to the circus at the TCC. We liked it, didn't love it, but it was something fun to do with the family. Austin was fascinated with the funny looking clowns and also the elephants. It was a little long though. I think two and half hours is a long time to sit and watch basically the same thing over and over again with just a slightly different ending to each trick, especially for kids.

Austin started ISR, remember my post from a couple months back? I love ISR, while it isn't as easy going thru it with a different, much younger child. I know it is so worth it. Austin hates it by the way. He screams from the minute Ms. Pam says hi and makes a gesture to take him from me.

We celebrated my sister Kelsey and Austin's birthday by going out to one of our favorite family restaurants, Texas Roadhouse. Kelsey and Austin both got to sit on the saddle. Don't mind Kelsey's black eye (softball accident).

Austin started walking! He is almost one years old and keeping the same pace as his brother as far as meeting all these important milestones.

2 comments:

The Browns said...

I love the picture of Austin walking!!! adorable!!.. I will be talking to you about ISR for next summer... that sounds like a great thing to do.

Amanda said...

I love the picture of Austin in his sling, you can see his little feet poking out, it looks like a newborn pose. So cute.